The Book Man
The Book Man is a family run, locally owned use bookstore with two branches, and a staff of fifteen unique and amazing individuals. We currently have the second largest used bookstore in the Province of British Columbia at our Chilliwack location and have over half a million beautifully organized titles split between our two storefronts. Visit us in our 5000 square foot bookstore in Historic Downtown Chilliwack, or our cozy 1600 square foot haven for readers in the Little Oak Mall in Abbotsford.
Lose yourself in a sea of books, and enjoy an uninterrupted browse; meet our store cats (Nietzsche in Chilliwack or Gatsby in Abbotsford), relax in a comfortable chair and peruse our literary treasures. Unique book themed tshirts, jewellery, carefully chosen teas, bookmarks, journals, book lights, greeting cards and coasters complement your reading experience. We also carry a wide variety of unique and sturdy book bags to tote around your favourite tomes! A book is a present you can open again and again; pick up a gift certificate for a fellow book lover and give them the gift of reading!
Our passion for books will amaze and delight you. As one of our customers said, "No other used bookstore compares."
We are constantly enlarging and refreshing our collection, adding up to 4500 titles per week! We are committed to our collection’s quality, selection and organization as well as ensuring friendly, clean and comfortable surroundings to increase the pleasure of your browse. Visit our signature “bookmark bathroom” where even the ceiling is wallpapered in bookmarks; little touches like unique framed book art and artisan book door handles accent the ambiance of our store.
Our staff shares over 115 years of combined experience in the used book business, and we all pride ourselves on our genuine, outstanding, personal service that we provide to our customers. We love what we do, and we strive to show our customers that every day as we help connect them with their literary loves!
Our core values are based on being committed to the literacy and well-being of both members of our community, and the world at large. We have received recognition for this through both local, and Province wide awards for our employment standards, our environmentalism and for our retail excellence. The Book Man is a carbon neutral business, and adds a yearly calculation of trees to a small privately run forest to renew this status.
With our selection on-line at www.bookman.ca you can browse our store's selection from the comfort of your own home, in your pyjamas (although you're welcome to wear your pyjamas to the store if you wish, we don't mind!) Our internet sales and data entry department has over 25 years of combined experience in providing outstanding on-line service, and our shipping department is well versed at getting your treasures to you swiftly and safely.
Us In a Nutshell:
- Shop online, take a virtual tour, and so much more at www.bookman.ca
- Prolific authors' works alphabetized in drawers with custom built cabinets (Also organized by title within the drawers)
- Most books priced at half of the publisher's price. Get further discounts with trading credits and coupons (sign up for our newsletter at www.bookman.ca to receive our coupons) Ask us for details!
- Librarian, dealer and volume discounts are also available.
- Open 7 days a week, 364 days a year!
- Well lit, clean and inviting with a comfortable seating area. Air conditioned in the summer
- Carbon neutral, winner of multiple environmental, employment and business awards. Committed to community involvement and local literacy programs.
- Voted Chilliwack's favourite bookstore multiple years in a row, in both local papers.
- A huge selection vinyl for LP lovers! Hand selected vinyl covering a wide variety of music genres; Classical, Easy Listening, Pop, Rock, Jazz. New albums added weekly.
- Personalized request service or any titles that we are out of stock of; we will call you with our next available copy as a courtesy service.
- Children's section with over 15 000 titles and a play area, complete with a toy box and tiny chairs.
- 72 major categories; no subject is neglected.
Click image to play Video: