Please play a part in looking after our valuable resources by looking after the river and respecting the fish and your fellow anglers:
Whether you plan to keep (harvest) your fish or return it to the water, make sure you know how to handle it properly.
Catching and Releasing
If you're planning to catch and release, it's vital that you don't injure the fish by mishandling it. Careful handling and release will ensure the fish survives. When planning to release a fish follow these six points:
1. Play and land the fish as quickly as possible. Keep the fish in water while you remove the hook, if you can't, return the fish to the water as fast as possible.
2. If you use a landing net, use a rubber or tightly woven nylon or cotton-it's less damaging to the fish.
3. If you have to handle the fish, gently use wet hands, trying not to squeeze.
4. Use barbless hooks and be prepared to cut your leader if the hook is swallowed deeply, the hook will dissolve over time.
5. Revive exhausted fish by holding them upright in the water until they swim away-never throw a fish back into the water.
Harvesting Your Catch
Remember that fish are living creatures and should always be treated humanely. Also remember that responsible anglers never harvest more fish than they need, keeping within specified catch quotas.
Cascade Fishing Adventures
It is our 25th Anniversary. Join us on the river and experience the reckless aerial power of our notorious Fraser river sturgeon, or fish for our silvery and wild Pacific salmon.
Cascade Fishing Adventures is the longest operating and originally owned fishing guide service on the Fraser river. Cascade's original owner and guide Marc Laynes offers over 25 years of valuable knowledge and experience on the Fraser river and it's fishy inhabitants. Marc shares this knowledge with his highly motivated crew of handpicked guides, who are also eager to work their magic and savvy fishing skills for you.
Contact Maggie Laynes to reserve your guided fishing adventure today!
Phone: 604-793-2244 Toll Free: 1-87-STURGEON (1-877-887-4366)
Great River Fishing Advenutres
The Ultimate Family Fishing Experience One of the original Guiding Companies in the Fraser Valley since 1988. Imagine catching and releasing a giant “White Sturgeon” the largest freshwater fish in North and South America. Call and book your fishing adventure today.
Phone: 604 792 3544 Toll Free: 1-866-487-3474